Our shelter is open Tuesday-Sunday from 12:00pm – 4:00pm for adoption by appointment only. If interested in adopting, please fill out an adoption application. Please allow up to 72 hours for us to get back to you.
- Please check each animal’s profile for its available appointment date. If no date is listed, the animal is available for appointments immediately.
- An adoption counselor will contact you to discuss your application and the animal you are interested in adopting.
- If approved, you will then make an appointment to come to the shelter.
- When you arrive at the shelter for your appointment, please remain in your vehicle and text a specified number (provided onsite).
- We will contact you via phone to let you know the next steps.
*At this time, a maximum of two people will be allowed to participate during the meet and greet.
Now let’s get started! Click for forever:
If you do not hear from a representative from the Humane Society of Greater Miami within 72 hours (after submitting your application) please email [email protected]. Please note, only applications received through the direct link on our website are reviewed by us. Applications through PetTango or PetFinder are not valid.
If you have previously submitted an application for a pet that has already been adopted and are interested in a new pet, please email [email protected].
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
At the time of adoption you will be asked to provide:
- Picture ID.
- If you are a renter or own and are part of a Homeowner’s Association, a copy of your lease/rent agreement and/or pet policy, including the name and address of the landlord, or written consent from your landlord if the pet policy is not included in the lease.
- Arrive at your scheduled appointment time to complete your adoption.
CAT ADOPTION FEES*
Purebreds / High Demand Felines – $80 adoption fee
All kittens less than 5 months old – $80 adoption fee
Cats 6 months old to 2 years old – $50 adoption fee
Cats 3 years and older – $39 adoption fee
*Fees subject to change without notice. Please call to confirm current fees.
All cats must go home in a cat carrier. You may purchase a cat carrier in our boutique or you may bring your own with you.
In addition to the animals available at our Soffer and Fine Adoption Center, we have cats and kittens available for adoption at 12 Pet Supermarket stores located throughout Miami-Dade County (location details). Please check the location of the cat you are interested in before applying as Pet Supermarket adoptions must be completed entirely onsite.