|Pets for 55+|
They say that 60 is the new 40. But we believe that with a pet, it feels more like 25. Why? Because pets have been known to provide multiple health benefits, helping you feel young, healthy and full of life:
• Pets encourage you to go out and be social, making new friends and becoming more involved in the community.
• Pets encourage playfulness, exercise, and promote laughter
• Seniors with dogs go to the doctor less. Dogs are preventative and therapeutic against everyday stress.
• Pet owners have lower triglyceride and cholesterol levels.
• Studies show that cats can help make you feel better when you’re feeling down.
To help you experience the benefits of a pet, our shelter is part of a special program created by Purina® that allows eligible adopters age 55 and older to adopt a pet at no cost. For more information, visit us at www.purina.com/petsfor55plus.
So, what do you have to lose? Go find your new companion today!