Our shelter is open Tuesday-Sunday from 12:00pm – 4:00pm for adoption by appointment only. If interested in adopting, please fill out an adoption application. Please allow up to 72 hours for us to get back to you.
- An adoption counselor will contact you to discuss your application and the animal you are interested in adopting.
- If approved, you will then make an appointment to come to the shelter.
- When you arrive at the shelter for your appointment, please remain in your vehicle and text a specified number (provided onsite).
- We will contact you via phone to let you know the next steps.
*At this time, a maximum of two people will be allowed to participate during the meet and greet.
Now let’s get started! Click for forever:
If you do not hear from a representative from the Humane Society of Greater Miami within 72 hours (after submitting your application) please email [email protected]. Please note, only applications received through the direct link on our website are reviewed by us. Applications through PetTango or PetFinder are not valid.
If you have previously submitted an application for a pet that has already been adopted and are interested in a new pet, please email [email protected].
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
At the time of adoption you will be asked to provide:
- Picture ID.
- If you are a renter or own and are part of a Homeowner’s Association, a copy of your lease/rent agreement and/or pet policy, including the name and address of the landlord, or written consent from your landlord if the pet policy is not included in the lease.
- A collar and leash to take home your pet(if you are adopting a dog). Collars and leashes are available for purchase at our boutique;or you may bring your own collar and leash with you.
- Arrive at your scheduled appointment time to complete your adoption.
DOG ADOPTION FEES*
*Fees subject to change without notice. Please call to confirm current fees.
Purebreds / High Demand Canines – $225 adoption fee
All dogs less than 1 year old – $225 adoption fee
All dogs 1 to 4 years old – $135 adoption fee
All dogs older than 4 years – $100 adoption fee
We know that bringing home a new pet may be stressful for you and your new furry friend. Here at the Humane Society of Greater Miami, we want to help make this experience as rewarding as possible. Please consider downloading this free book, “Adopting A Rescue Dog: The First Seven Days“to learn how to make the transition from shelter to home as easy and pleasant as possible. Or, if you are still just thinking about adopting a dog, this book also contains great tips on how to prepare your home and how to select the right dog to match your lifestyle.