The Humane Society of Greater Miami cares for hundreds of homeless dogs, cats, puppies and kittens each day. We depend on our team of staff and volunteers to help us help the animals! By joining the Humane Society of Greater Miami, you become part of a wonderful cause and of a great team. Only qualified applicants will be considered based on the position requirements. Please review below our current employment opportunities:
VETERINARY APPOINTMENT SCHEDULER / FRONT DESK RECEPTIONIST
The Humane Society of Greater Miami is looking for a high-volume spay/neuter appointment scheduler for our clinic at Cutler Bay location. This is a full-time position. Main responsibilities include: answering phone calls quickly and efficiently, booking surgical appointments, input of appropriate patient/client information using DVM software, performing general clean up duties as needed and handling financial transactions. The candidate must have excellent customer service skills and must be fluent in English and Spanish, written and spoken.
DUTIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Answering phone calls quickly and efficiently
- Booking surgical appointments
- Input of appropriate patient/ client information using DVM software
- Perform general clean up duties at end of day and during day as needed
- Handling payments and refunds
- Sit and stand for long periods while performing work duties
- Able to lift 50 pounds.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Must be fluent in English and Spanish, written and spoken
- Must have reliable transportation
- High school diploma or equivalent
Competitive pay, health insurance and discounts on clinic services and products. Please contact:
- firstname.lastname@example.org for our Cutler Bay clinic
The Humane Society of Greater Miami is hiring a full time Shelter Veterinarian. Must be able to perform 30-35 surgeries a day. Other responsibilities include client education in the clinic and oversight of the care for our shelter animals. Previous experience in shelter medicine is desirable. Excellent surgical skills necessary. Minimum one weekend day required. Must have strong leadership skills and the ability to manage and communicate with staff and volunteers. This is an exciting, fast-paced and challenging position. Competitive salary and excellent benefit package included. Relocation package not included. Florida license required.
Please send resume to email@example.com.
The Humane Society of Greater Miami is looking for an Adoptions Counselor responsible for delivering outstanding pet adoptions to the organization and as such is responsible for interviewing prospective parents, introducing them to the pet, and completing all adequate paperwork. Other responsibilities include providing outstanding customer service, office operations, scheduling appointments, ordering merchandise, general clerical and operating the cash register as necessary. The Adoption Counselor works directly with clients, guests, staff, and volunteers, providing courteous, friendly and professional assistance. Manages the first point of contact between a customer and the Humane Society of Greater Miami and thus, is responsible for ensuring that this first encounter is positive for the customer.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Strong customer relations skills and leadership capability.
- Ability to prioritize, organize, problem solve, and coordinate daily activities.
- Ability to interpret statistical reports and financial information.
- Possesses interpersonal skills, ability to interface with customers and their families.
- Computer literate and skilled in Word and Excel required.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School or equivalent education
- Experience in planning, judgment, implementation, communication, staff development, interpersonal skills and cost containment.
Some experience needed but will train, needs to be self motivated and compassionate towards animals. Pay depending on experience. Hours vary as shelter is open 7 days a week, 365 days a year including holidays. Hours can vary from 7:00am to 7:00pm. Looking for Part-time and Full-time. EOE + benefits package. If interested in the position please stop by the shelter to fill out an application at 16101 West Dixie Highway, North Miami Beach, FL 33160 attention to “HR”. You may send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Humane Society of Greater Miami is looking for someone to work hands on with cats/dogs cleaning cages/kennels where animals reside.
- Cleans and maintains cages, kennels, lifestyle rooms, quarantine area or isolation unit of the shelter, in such a manner as to provide a germ-free, odorless and low stress environment for the animals. Washes food and water bowls daily.
- Feeds and provides daily care for all animals in the shelter’s care. Cleans and grooms animals (bathing and brushing).
- Ensures that animals are walked, and that they receive clean bedding and toys on a daily basis.
- Handles and controls animals admitted to the shelter by the Humane Society of Greater Miami. This may include, from time to time, difficult to handle animals.
- Reports to the Shelter Veterinary Technician or Director of Animal Care and Shelter Operations any potential health or behavioral problems involving the animals in the organization’s care.
- Knows all the animals by name and treats each one of them with love and respect.
- Administering antibiotics or other oral medications per shelter technician’s instructions.
No experience needed, will train, but needs to be self motivated and compassionate towards animals. Hours vary as shelter is open 7 days a week, 365 days a year, including holidays. Hours can vary from 7:00am to 7:00pm. Looking for Part-time and Full-time. If interested in the position please stop by the shelter to fill out an application at 16101 West Dixie Highway, North Miami Beach, FL 33160 attention to “HR”. EOE + benefits package. You may send your resume to email@example.com.
Humane Society of Greater Miami is an AA/EO employer and actively seeks candidates from diverse backgrounds.