The Humane Society of Greater Miami cares for hundreds of homeless dogs, cats, puppies and kittens each day. We depend on our team of staff and volunteers to help us help the animals! By joining the Humane Society of Greater Miami, you become part of a wonderful cause and of a great team. Only qualified applicants will be considered based on the position requirements. Please review below our current employment opportunities:
Communications and Marketing Coordinator at the Humane Society of Greater Miami is a full time salaried position. With direction from the Director of Marketing and special events, this position will assist with writing, planning and implementing marketing collateral, social media campaigns, PR outreach and media communications projects. The Communications and Marketing Coordinator is responsible for the creation, execution, and measurement of multi-channel social media programs. He/she will oversee special projects with the organization’s partners. Works closely with the organization’s Graphic Designer – Marketing Coordinator and Director of Marketing and Special Events on different projects and tasks. GENERAL DUTIES:
- Write and assist with tracking press releases
- Maintain an annual calendar plan for press releases and e-newsletters
- Develop and maintain relationships with editors and journalists in targeted media outlets
- Write organizational bi-annual printed newsletter
- Assist with creation and polishing of external presentations for all departments
- Proof read departmental communications
- Support Director of Marketing and Special Events with correspondence, projects and events
- Maintain and update organization’s website
- Promote organization’s events on various online social calendars
- Support fundraising activities
- Execute organization’s online presence through Social Media and E-mail marketing
- Responsible for developing content across organization’s social media channels. This could include, but is not limited to Facebook posts, tweets, Youtube videos
- Provide progress reports on social media effectiveness while continually finding ways to improve on those metrics through testing and new initiatives
- Monitor the competition and industry relevant keywords and be proactive and aware of market changes and developments
- Create content for and executing e-mail marketing campaigns
- Oversee special projects with organization’s partners:
- Take ownership of the implementation of the marketing plan for various projects
- Ensure all marketing guidelines are followed as stated in projects’ contracts
- Ensure all marketing creative is approved by the partners. Keep log of and track all approvals
- Ensure quality deliverables related to organizational and project goals
- Manage projects’ grassroots efforts; provide training and support to volunteers as needed
- Keep accurate records and measure the success of different marketing mediums for the project
- Prepare and deliver verbal presentations to individuals and groups relating to the program
- Maintain close and cooperative relationships with community agencies and other public agencies in carrying out the mission of the organization
- Participate in meetings as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism, Business, or similar field
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience in managing email marketing, web and social media content
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to manage time and adhere to deadlines
- Able to work flexible hours, including occasional weekends and holidays
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Excellent understanding of marketing principles and public relations
- Demonstrated ability to work through multiple projects in an accelerated environment while maintaining meticulous attention to detail
- Strong team collaboration and interpersonal skills, yet self-reliant, detail-oriented, resourceful, and ability to work independently
- Ability to prioritize, organize, problem solve, and coordinate daily activities.
- The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work involves walking, talking, hearing, using hands to handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls, and reaching with hands and arms. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee may be required to push, pull, lift and/or carry up to 30 pounds.
- Position requires prolonged sitting, standing, walking, reaching, twisting, turning, kneeling, bending, squatting, and stooping.
Please send your resume, cover letter and a sample of your PR work to email@example.com.
The Humane Society of Greater Miami is looking for a high-volume spay/neuter appointment scheduler for our preventive care clinic. This is a full-time position. Main responsibilities include: answering phone calls quickly and efficiently, booking surgical appointments, input of appropriate patient/client information using DVM software, performing general clean up duties as needed and handling financial transactions. The candidate must have excellent customer service skills and must be fluent in English and Spanish, written and spoken.
DUTIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Answering phone calls quickly and efficiently
- Booking surgical appointments
- Input of appropriate patient/ client information using DVM software
- Perform general clean up duties at end of day and during day as needed
- Handling payments and refunds
- Sit and stand for long periods while performing work duties
- Able to lift 50 pounds.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Must be fluent in English and Spanish, written and spoken
- Must have reliable transportation
- High school diploma or equivalent
Competitive pay, health insurance and discounts on clinic services and products. Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Members of the maintenance team ensure that all mechanical systems and equipment are operational and properly maintained and all common areas are maintained in a clean aesthetically appealing and disinfected condition.
• Routinely walks floors including roof checking for problems and lights out and reports back to supervisors.
• Ensures all safety precautions are followed while performing work.
• Maintains working relationship with building staff.
• Painting of all common areas and touch up may be required. Responsible to inspect areas that need paint and advice manager.
• Completes daily work orders as scheduled.
• Maintains assigned equipment in good working condition.
• Properly performs casual labor, such as lifting/moving heavy items as directed by supervisors and following appropriate safety procedures.
• Performs minor maintenance replacement and repairs in areas of carpentry, electrical work, HVAC, plumbing, mechanical, painting, flooring, and other building repairs through daily scheduled work orders.
• Follows safety procedures and maintains a safe work environment.
• Performs maintenance replacement and repair in areas of carpentry, electrical work, plumbing, mechanical, painting, flooring, and other minor building repairs as long as a permit is not required to conduct the job.
• Must be able to properly utilize new equipment and follow safety procedures prior to using this equipment.
Requires a minimum of two (2) years general experience in building trades, repair and replacement maintenance or handy work. Effective written and verbal communication skills. Strong customer service, communication and interpersonal skills required.
Special Requirements/Physical Demands:
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs following appropriate safety procedures
• Work in an upright standing position for long periods of time; be able to reach overhead; have full range of mobility in upper and lower body
If interested in the position please stop by the shelter to fill out an application at 16101 West Dixie Highway, North Miami Beach, FL 33160 attention to “HR”. You may send your resume to email@example.com.
The Humane Society of Greater Miami is hiring a full time Shelter Veterinarian. Must be able to perform 30-35 surgeries a day. Other responsibilities include client education in the clinic and oversight of the care for our shelter animals. Previous experience in shelter medicine is desirable. Excellent surgical skills necessary. Minimum one weekend day required. Must have strong leadership skills and the ability to manage and communicate with staff and volunteers. This is an exciting, fast-paced and challenging position. Competitive salary and excellent benefit package included. Relocation package not included. Florida license required. Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Humane Society of Greater Miami is looking for an Adoptions Counselor responsible for delivering outstanding pet adoptions to the organization and as such is responsible for interviewing prospective parents, introducing them to the pet, and completing all adequate paperwork. Other responsibilities include providing outstanding customer service, office operations, scheduling appointments, ordering merchandise, general clerical and operating the cash register as necessary. The Adoption Counselor works directly with clients, guests, staff, and volunteers, providing courteous, friendly and professional assistance. Manages the first point of contact between a customer and the Humane Society of Greater Miami and thus, is responsible for ensuring that this first encounter is positive for the customer.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Strong customer relations skills and leadership capability.
- Ability to prioritize, organize, problem solve, and coordinate daily activities.
- Ability to interpret statistical reports and financial information.
- Possesses interpersonal skills, ability to interface with customers and their families.
- Computer literate and skilled in Word and Excel required.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School or equivalent education
- Experience in planning, judgment, implementation, communication, staff development, interpersonal skills and cost containment.
Some experience needed but will train, needs to be self motivated and compassionate towards animals. Pay depending on experience. Hours vary as shelter is open 7 days a week, 365 days a year including holidays. Hours can vary from 7:00am to 7:00pm. Looking for Part-time and Full-time. EOE + benefits package. If interested in the position please stop by the shelter to fill out an application at 16101 West Dixie Highway, North Miami Beach, FL 33160 attention to “HR”. You may send your resume to email@example.com.
Humane Society of Greater Miami is an AA/EO employer and actively seeks candidates from diverse backgrounds.