The Humane Society of Greater Miami cares for hundreds of homeless dogs, cats, puppies and kittens each day. We depend on our team of staff and volunteers to help us help the animals! By joining the Humane Society of Greater Miami, you become part of a wonderful cause and of a great team. Only qualified applicants will be considered based on the position requirements. Please review below our current employment opportunities:
The Humane Society of Greater Miami is looking for an experienced veterinary technician to join our team. The person for whom would best fill this position must be a reliable individual, a team player, be an independent thinker with excellent communication skills, have a high level of customer relation skills, and also must be able to multi-task in a very high volume, stressful situation if need be.
Responsibilities include performing a basic physical exam, blood draws, administering fluids, urinalysis, fecal exams, skin scrapes, and collecting and handling samples for in-house diagnostics and for submitting to referral laboratories.
Qualification requirements are: preferably certified veterinary technician and/or at least two years of experience working in a shelter, veterinary clinic, or similar environment as a veterinary technician; ability to perform drug calculations and data entry; experience of caring for, and handling animals in a safe, effective, and humane manner, handling cats as well as large and possibly untrained dogs. Proficiency in Microsoft Windows (Word and Excel) and the ability to learn new computer programs preferred.
Pay depending on experience. If interested in the position please stop by the shelter to fill out an application at 16101 West Dixie Highway, North Miami Beach, FL 33160 attention to “HR” or you may send your resume to Sylvia@humanesocietymiami.org.
The Humane Society of Greater Miami is hiring a full time Shelter Veterinarian. Must be able to perform 30-35 surgeries a day. Other responsibilities include client education in the clinic and oversight of the care for our shelter animals. Previous experience in shelter medicine is desirable. Excellent surgical skills necessary. Minimum one weekend day required. Must have strong leadership skills and the ability to manage and communicate with staff and volunteers. This is an exciting, fast-paced and challenging position. Competitive salary and excellent benefit package included. Relocation package not included. Florida license required.
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Humane Society of Greater Miami is looking for an Adoptions Counselor responsible for delivering outstanding pet adoptions to the organization and as such is responsible for interviewing prospective parents, introducing them to the pet, and completing all adequate paperwork. Other responsibilities include providing outstanding customer service, office operations, scheduling appointments, ordering merchandise, general clerical and operating the cash register as necessary. The Adoption Counselor works directly with clients, guests, staff, and volunteers, providing courteous, friendly and professional assistance. Manages the first point of contact between a customer and the Humane Society of Greater Miami and thus, is responsible for ensuring that this first encounter is positive for the customer.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Strong customer relations skills and leadership capability.
- Ability to prioritize, organize, problem solve, and coordinate daily activities.
- Ability to interpret statistical reports and financial information.
- Possesses interpersonal skills, ability to interface with customers and their families.
- Computer literate and skilled in Word and Excel required.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School or equivalent education
- Experience in planning, judgment, implementation, communication, staff development, interpersonal skills and cost containment.
Some experience needed but will train, needs to be self motivated and compassionate towards animals. Pay depending on experience. Hours vary as shelter is open 7 days a week, 365 days a year including holidays. Hours can vary from 7:00am to 7:00pm. Looking for Part-time and Full-time. EOE + benefits package. If interested in the position please stop by the shelter to fill out an application at 16101 West Dixie Highway, North Miami Beach, FL 33160 attention to “HR”. You may send your resume to email@example.com.
The Humane Society of Greater Miami is looking for someone to work hands on with cats/dogs cleaning cages/kennels where animals reside.
- Cleans and maintains cages, kennels, lifestyle rooms, quarantine area or isolation unit of the shelter, in such a manner as to provide a germ-free, odorless and low stress environment for the animals. Washes food and water bowls daily.
- Feeds and provides daily care for all animals in the shelter’s care. Cleans and grooms animals (bathing and brushing).
- Ensures that animals are walked, and that they receive clean bedding and toys on a daily basis.
- Handles and controls animals admitted to the shelter by the Humane Society of Greater Miami. This may include, from time to time, difficult to handle animals.
- Reports to the Shelter Veterinary Technician or Director of Animal Care and Shelter Operations any potential health or behavioral problems involving the animals in the organization’s care.
- Knows all the animals by name and treats each one of them with love and respect.
- Administering antibiotics or other oral medications per shelter technician’s instructions.
No experience needed, will train, but needs to be self motivated and compassionate towards animals. Hours vary as shelter is open 7 days a week, 365 days a year, including holidays. Hours can vary from 7:00am to 7:00pm. Looking for Part-time and Full-time. If interested in the position please stop by the shelter to fill out an application at 16101 West Dixie Highway, North Miami Beach, FL 33160 attention to “HR”. EOE + benefits package. You may send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Humane Society of Greater Miami is an AA/EO employer and actively seeks candidates from diverse backgrounds.